Friday 10 July 2015

Day 39 (July 7th, 2015): Back to Augathella for a night!

We left Isisford this morning heading for Tambo for our stopover tonight.

The sign leading out of town indicated a "Caution" for the Blackall - Isisford Rd that we were planning to travel this morning. 


Thanks to good Telstra range and the magic of Internet we were able to get more specific details of the condition of the road - which was rough in patches and what he for potholes.

Well I have to say that this road was better than a lot of other roads we had travelled and part from one short section that was a bit rough it rated pretty highly amongst the roads we have travelled in QLD.

We got to Tambo by lunch time and after checking out the free camp we were headed for "Stubby Bend" we decided to pull up for lunch and then keep on going the extra 116km today to Augathella for the night. This free camp at Tambo was not to our liking and we new that Augathella has a nice free camp in town opposite the pub.

Augathella was a lovely over night stop our first night out of Brisbane at the beginning of this holiday road trip.



There were quite a lot of caravanners/campers here in Augathella opposite the pub for tonight - on our first stop at the beginning of June there were only a few of us - there are many more of the grey nomads on the road come July.

We enjoyed some afternoon sunshine with cup of tea and our books - and then decided since this was our second free stopover here we should go spend a bit of money into the town. The obvious choice was a late afternoon drink on the verandah of the pub in the beautiful late afternoon sun.


They have an interesting display in the park here about "Meat Ants" 



With even a large sculpture of a Meat Ant on a pole in the park.

This was to be the first night that we closed up all the camper and threw on the extra sleeping bag as it was shaping up to be a pretty chilly night for us.

7 comments:

  1. I love your web site.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this internet site yourself or King Size Male Enhancement did you hire somebody to do it for you? Plz reply back as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thankshttp://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/king-size-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What i dont realize is actually how youre not really much more well-liked than you might be right now. Youre very intelligent. Diabazole You realize therefore significantly relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from numerous varied angles. Its like women and men arent fascinated unless it is one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! http://www.healthsupreviews.com/diabazole/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The comments here are great. Its nice to see a lot people really read a article before commenting.Wonderful learn, Synagen IQ I simply handed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he truly bought me lunch as a result of I discovered it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there arent much good supply like this.http://www.healthsupreviews.com/synagen-iq/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! Im really digging the template/theme of this site. Its simple, yet effective. A lot of times its difficult to get Neuro Elite that perfect balance between usability and visual appeal. I must say that youve done a excellent job with this. Additionally, the blog loads very quick for me on Chrome. Superb Blog!http://www.supplements4help.com/neuro-elite/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where else could anybody get Alpha XTRM that type of data in this kind of a ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am around the look for such data.Definitely, what a great website and informative posts, I definitely will bookmark your site.All the Best!Just, admirable what you might have done here.http://www.nutritionguideweb.com/alpha-xtrm/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do not give to me minute?When I start your Rss feed it seems to be a lot of junk, is the problem on my part? Cognimaxx XL I was really pleased to find out your web site, it features specifically the information I was seeking to locate.http://www.healthcaresups.com/cognimaxx-xl/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely, what a great site and revealing posts, I will bookmark your site.All the Best!Your internet site came up in my research and I'm taken by what you have written on this topic. Evermax I am presently extending my enquiry and thus cannot contribute further, nonetheless, I have bookmarked your online world content and will be returning to keep up with any next updates. Just Now love it and gives thank you for tolerating my remark.http://www.supplements4help.com/evermax-scam/

    ReplyDelete